Thursday, March 7, 2013

March 7, 2013

 Yesterday was a very big day for me! I had chemo in the morning and that went well. My counts were good except my red blood cells were too low again, but I didn't feel tired or sick! They told me I needed to have another transfusion :(

I had an appointment at the radiation center to make my mask for when I do my radiation. They game me some medicine to help me stay calm but it didn't work so well. I was still really scared, but I had my mama right there with me and she played my favorite songs on her phone while she held my hand. They put a hot wet sticky plastic flat mask on me and it formed to my face so I can't move when they do my radiation. It was very scary! Then they put cold wet wash clothes on top to cool it down so it would get hard and the water was running on my face and eyes. There was nothing fun about making my mask!


On a better note as me and my mama were going inside the hospital we saw a helicopter that goes from one hospital to another. I saw them from my room too. I can't believe how many times they come and go in one day!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lexi and Stepanie! I am so glad most of your counts were good....and especially glad you werent feeling tired or sick. I have had a transfusion....not much fun, really. The mask thing sounds very scarey. I wouldnt like having water running over my face...except in the shower. I am glad are done with that part. Thank you for posting this. It is good to hear how you are doing. We will continue to pray for all of you, ok?? Bob and Beth Ludwig

    ReplyDelete