Monday, April 22, 2013

April 22, 2013

Radiation is going well since we remade my mask, it doesn't hurt anymore. The machine is very loud and I really do not like being held down to the table by my mask. My mom and I made a paper chain with the total number of days I have of radiation so that I can take one off everyday and see how many more days are left. I told the tech that the third or fourth time the machine goes around me I smell something like a dirty washing machine. He said that it doesn't actually smell like that but that the radiation is over stimulating my senses causing me to smell things that are not actually there. I didn't get any chemo last week and won't get any this week because I am getting radiation. I will get two doses on the third week instead of three because one of them does not mix well with the radiation. Then none again for two weeks while I finish up radiation treatment. I had to have my fourth blood transfusion last Wednesday which normally I wouldn't have needed but they said they have better luck with oxygenated cells so I was a little low on my red cell count and went ahead with the transfusion. I always feel so much better after I get those because it gives me more energy.

I spent the weekend with my grandpa and we went on a four wheeler ride on Sunday and I had so much fun! It was a very long one! We also made a fort in the living room out of the couches and pretended the house was a cruise ship!

Below are pictures of the Tomo Therapy machine (radiation) SCARY!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment