Wednesday, April 24, 2013

April 24, 2013

Hi! Today I had my appointment at the clinic, I didn't get any chemo but they did my blood labs. Everything looked good they said. The doctor is worried about my weight. They said I can't loose any more weight or I'll have to have a feeding tube put in. Because I am going through radiation I am not able to have it put in my nose, it will have to go in my tummy which means another surgery. I was very sad to hear this because I have been trying my best to eat but my throat hurts really bad from the radiation. We were supposed to meet with the surgeon tomorrow, but my mommy said to give me some more time to try since I got a mouthwash that helps to numb my throat. On Friday I have to go  back in so they can weigh me again. We went to the store today and got some food that I thought would be good and wouldn't hurt my throat so much to swallow. SMOOTHIES!! 

3 comments:

  1. Hey Alexia, love reading your journey with cancer. Your spirit and grace are remarkable. I too am going through head and neck chemo and radiation after tongue and lymph surgery. I have two weeks left to go. I wish those smoothies were easier to swallow - i try my best to get them down and also I really dont want a feeding tube - so I can understand your feelings. But you know, if that needs to happen, it's ok - we will get through that too, right? Keep up your beautiful spirit and don't be afraid to feel the feelings - as the emotional weather is an important part of healing. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers and sending you much healing love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping both of you in our thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alexia its Kaylee from. how are you? me and my family are praying for you all the time and I hope you will feel much better soon I miss you a lot and I care for you a lot.

    ReplyDelete